Adult Mental Health Aware
This course is currently only available online.
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well-being
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- This is a 4-hour online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub.
- Learning takes place through live training sessions and self-learning activities.
What will I learn?
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stigma, stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety disorders, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide, Self-harm
- Starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Helpful resources
What do I get to take away?
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
"A helpful, practical approach which helped develop my understanding."