Youth Mental Health Aware
This introductory three hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- Half day face to face session (AVAILABLE ONLINE NOW)
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
What will I learn?
- What is mental health?
- Protective and risk factors
- Signs and symptoms of mental ill health in young people
- Signposting to professional and self-help
- Self-awareness and self-care
- Topics included within this course include:
Depression - Anxiety - Suicide - Psychosis - Self-harm - Eating disorders
What do I get to take away?
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware
- A manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it