Youth Mental Health First Aider
This two day or ONLINE course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental well-being
ONLINE or In-person
- Each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions, individual learning and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
What will I learn?
- About mental health
- Risk factors for mental ill health
- Protective factors for mental health
- Preventing mental health issues and promoting well-being
- Topics included within the Youth MHFA course include:
Depression - Anxiety - Suicide - Psychosis - Self-harm - Eating disorders
What do I get to take away?
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
How do I book?
We are currently taking bookings for in-person and ONLINE courses and will publish these regularly.
Prices start from as little as £158 per person, when booking a closed course for your organisation (max. 16 participants)
Open courses are also available and dates will be advertised here soon, as well as on our social media platforms.
For further information, or to register your interest in becoming a Youth Mental Health First Aider, please click here.
See our next available course here...
8th & 9th October, Worcestershire
“This course gave me a very good overall insight into young people's mental health. It was delivered very well by a very knowledgeable instructor. The course was well structured and encouraged interaction from all who attended.”